Urine in carpeting is a severe problem that requires major restoration work, not just simple cleaning and treating. But with Curtice Chem-Dry, the most severe urine-damaged areas in your home can be saved. P.U.R.T.® is a revolutionary new product specially formulated to eliminate urine odors.
What You Need to Know about Pet Urine in Your Carpet
Urine deposited on carpet does not stay there; it penetrates the ﬁbers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Often, without your knowledge, pets will urinate continually in the same general location. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, the tack strip, and even the framework of the house behind the walls.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
When P.U.R.T. contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined. A hot water rinse extracts the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst-case scenarios, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.
- If necessary, the pad is removed and replaced.
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.
- P.U.R.T. is be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T. will react with the urine to break down the odor-causing components.